Friday, January 22, 2016

There's a blizzard coming, let's talk about ice cream...

Fact: It is never too cold for ice cream.
It may be barely 30 degrees outside with snow pummeling parts of the country and headed NYC's way, but that hasn't stopped my ice cream love affair from blossoming. That's right folks, even in the dead of winter with the snow flakes falling, I spend my evenings snuggled up on the couch with a bowl of Haagen Dazs Limited Edition Peppermint Bark ice cream.

It's LIMITED EDITION!!! Hurry people. HURRY!!!
Forever a fan of peppermint bark (yup), I discovered this seasonal delight back in November when I was visiting the neighborhood Haagen Dazs to purchase an ice cream cake (two important take aways there: I live 2 blocks from a Haagen Dazs and they make PHENOMENAL ice cream cakes). When I spotted the peppermint bark signage, like a moth to the flame I had a sample in my mouth and then a quart in my hand. Fast forward 2 months to when I realized that the "season" was ending and this is what my freezer currently looks like:
I would have bought more, but I felt a little embarrassed to take my bulk purchase further than two. With diligent rationing, I think this stash should last me through March and then it will be just 6 months until the flavor is back!! #AdvancePlanningfortheWin 

Even though production is limited to Oct-Dec, my local scoopers told me that supplies actually last until what they have in their freezer is gone. So do not delay! Go get your limited edition peppermint bark ice cream today (and uh, good luck with the blizzard and stuff:)

No comments:

Post a Comment