Monday, February 9, 2015

It's all ok in the end...

If you say so...
Do you give yourself pep talks? How about reciting a positive mantra like the one on the left? Really what I need to know is, when something stressful or challenging pops up in your life, how do you cope and keep on keepin on? Lately, I have been struggling to stay above water mentally when challenges in 1 part of my life pop up. It's like the stress of that 1 thing has my chest in a vice grip and even when there's nothing I can be doing about it (or when I'm trying to focus on something unrelated) I can't seem to let that stressful thing go. I know this isn't a healthy way to approach the stressful situation and it certainly isn't a productive way to go through life, so I'm curious, how do you cope?

I have read several articles about coping with stress (HERE, HERE) and I've found some excellent tips that truly work for me (get fresh air, create routines, exercise, express gratitude to others, talk to yourself as if you're a friend giving yourself advice (love that one!)), but the reality is, when you care a lot about something (who doesn't want to be a great employee, boss, wife, friend, mother, sister, daughter!?) not allowing uncertainty or a challenge to suffocate you in unrelated areas of your life can be extremely difficult. 
SO. True.
It certainly reframes things when you consider that anxiety is just as created in your mind as positive creativity doesn't it? And when all else fails, a wise fish once said...

No comments:

Post a Comment