Friday, October 10, 2014

Noble Nobel

Malala Yousafzai
Today I would like to honor the incredible Malala Yousafzai who just this morning became the youngest person and first Pakistani, to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. In case you've somehow missed her story, Malala, age 17, is a human rights advocate who, when she was 15, was shot in the head by the Taliban for campaigning on behalf of girls’ education in the Swat Valley of Pakistan (where the local Taliban banned girls from attending school). I love Malala for her courage, her eloquence and her message of peace. I love Malala because she reminds me of a wonderful friend who would have been over the moon to see women's education have such a heroic advocate. I love Malala because she gives me hope that goodness can prevail. Learn more about Malala and how you can help support and empower girls through education, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment